There are two main options to send the purpose to device: either wirelessly over-the-air, or via USB cable.
- Purpose update over-the-air
The update can be done using either WiFi or cellular connection. But first, please make sure your connection to cloud is working. Without it you won't be able to update over-the-air.
- In Thingsee Creator, select Send to device button either on the Purpose view or Purpose list
- When you click on the Send to device button you will get a message stating Update pending. This is not an error. In fact this is a buffer process that respects the device's privacy.
- When you click on the Send to device, the command will be stored on our servers until there is a connection from your device to our server; without a new connection the command, and purpose, can stay stored on the server side for quite some time, hence the message Update pending.
- That is the Backend (web app) cloud connection
- Now let's make the device-cloud connection. For that there are two options:
- You can either force it by selecting Backend update in device's setting, or
- You wait for your device to send some data to the cloud and therefore opening the connection device-cloud. For this you'll need a task in the previous purpose sending values to the cloud.
- This tutorial video might help you: https://thingsee.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204582452-Video-Logic-behind-Send-to-Device-Button
NOTE: Device's WiFi or cellular connections are not active when it is connected via USB and in Mass storage mode.
- Purpose update via USB
You can update a purpose via USB in mass storage mode by following these steps:
- First connect your device to the computer via USB cable
- Download the purpose from Thingsee Creator. In order to do it open the Purposes view, select the purpose and click the Download button (as seen on the top right corner of the picture below)
- Save the profile.jsn file in your Thingsee folder
- Eject the device from your computer
- Thingsee One will automatically restart
- Now, your Thingsee One should be analysing data and sending it to the cloud